no skills required only you your passion to learn
The 5S System for Workplace Organization, Standardization, Sanitizing, and Sterilization
Many have heard about the 5S System. Now (2021) it is applied to Sanitize and Sterilize with videos from a dental clinic. However, you decide to implement this improvement process – you must follow the 7 steps outlined in this course.
Join George Trachilis – experienced with 5S for 25 years – as he shares how his consulting firm was first created to consult on 5S and grew to be one of Canada’s Hottest Growth companies. He shares PowerPoints, audit checklists, posters, and most importantly his knowledge of how to do 5S in the most efficient way possible. One of his students, Perry Thompson, shares the 5S process for the construction industry. This course has examples from a steel mill, metal processing plant, dental clinic, and fabrication shop.
Originally, Henry Ford came up with the CANDO system; Cleanliness, Arrangement, Neatness, Discipline, and Ongoing Improvement. However, it was further developed by the Japanese using words that started with the letter “S”.
Keys and Tips to Implement the 5S Methodology
- SEIRI (Sort) is about organizing and eliminating unnecessary items from your workplace
- SEITON (Set in order) means setting in order the necessary items so that they are easy to find and use by everyone.
- SEISO (Shine) – When shine is done right, you are using the inspection process to identify and eliminate problems. Keeping it clean is only part of the process. Preventing cleaning from happening is very powerful
- SEIKETSU (Standardize) is about standardizing the first 3S’s, and in this course, we share how to standardize workflow as well.
- SHITSUKE (Sustain) is about the communication and commitment from management. It emphasizes employee ownership.
Please note we DO NOT share Japanese terms in this course. However, we have created a comic book character called MUDAMAN! This is an invisible villain that keeps us on a path of wasting our time (wasting our lives). See how to eliminate Mudaman by using 5S.
Who this course is for:
- students and beginners who wont to learn about waste eliminate