Basic programming skills and SQL knowledge required
Learn how to code and unit test Python applications in a real world project. Go beyond the basics by solving a practical use case step by step. This course is designed for Python beginners who want to transition for academic background to a real world developer role !
Course Project :
You will be building a Python application to read data from files and store the data into PostgreSQL database. You will be creating REST endpoints using which external users will interact with your application data. All the industry standard best practices in terms of logging, error handling, config file, code structuring will be used in the application.
Course structure :
- Python (3.9) and PyCharm IDE installation
- Python basics – Get started with basic Python data types including List, Tuple and Dictionary
- Organizing code with Classes and Modules – Understand core concepts of classes and packages
- Python logging – Implement logging using basic config and file config
- Python error handling – Learn how to handle exceptions.
- Python PostgreSQL database interaction – Understand how to read and write to PostgreSQL using psycopg2
- Create REST API using Python – Learn to create APIs using Python Flask framework
- Reading configuration from property file – Learn how to avoid hardcoding of configurable properties
- Unit testing – Learn to test your application using unittest package
- Unit testing – Learn to test your application using PyTest package
You will learn the above concepts by building a real world file processing application. No prior Python knowledge required.
- Basic programming skills
- Basic knowledge of SQL queries
Who this course is for:
- Python beginners who are getting ready for real world developer role