This Course id for beginners so there is no requirements
In this course you will learn about information security through some introductory material and gain an appreciation of the scope and context around the subject. This includes a brief introduction to cryptography, security management and network and computer security that allows a student to begin the journey into the study of information security and develop their appreciation of some key information security concepts.
After completing the course learners should be able to:
1. show an awareness of some key information security principles
2. explain some of the key aspects of information risk and security management
3. some of the key aspects in computer and network security, including some appreciation of threats, attacks, exploits and vulnerabilities
4. some of the skills, knowledge and roles/careers opportunities within information security
5. show an awareness of the information security industry and the profession.
The course concludes with a discussion around a simple model of the information security industry and explores skills, knowledge and roles so that the learner can determine and analyse potential career opportunities in this developing profession and consider how they may need to develop personally to attain their career goals.
we look at some introductory material comprising the following lessons:
- An introduction.
- The CIA Triad –
- An overview of the RMIAS – Reference Model of Information Assurance and Security – used to introduce a wider scope to information security.
- A presentation around the knowledge areas (KAs) being proposed to define the curriculum for information/cyber security.
Who this course is for:
- Those who want to learn about Information security