Best Starter Course: Robotics & ROS Introduction 
- No specific requirements or prerequisites
This course aims to provide you with a simplified overview of Robotics Systems, ROS, and corresponding system components using simplified explanations of all components, clear diagrams, and use cases.
We will be covering the following topics in this course:
- What is a robot?
- Evolution of Robots (Shakey, PR2, Turtlebot)
- Anatomy & Components of Robots (Motors, Sensors, LiDAR, 3D Cameras)
- ROS – Robot Operating System Introduction
- ROS Navigation Stack (Cost Maps, Transforms, Sensors, Mapping)
- ROS Tools (Gazebo, RQT, RVIZ)
- Where do I start?
- Free Online Robotics Courses & Programs
- How do I build a robot from scratch? (Open Source Projects)
This is the first version of this course and it will be updated as we continue to witness the evolution of Robotic Systems. My goal is to ensure people from all over the world are able to learn the fundamentals of robotic systems and apply the same in their journey.
You will benefit from this course if:
- You have a genuine interest in improving your understanding of Robotic Systems
- You want to learn and master robotic concepts (ROS) and corresponding systems
- You want to learn how companies across the world are deploying these robots
- You are preparing for an upcoming interview as a robotics systems engineer
- You are building a new startup and need to solidify your robotics concepts
- You are building a new robotics system from scratch at your workplace and you are looking for guidance
Hope you will enjoy this course!
Who this course is for:
- Those looking to learn the foundations of Robotics System & ROS