Certified Quality Improvement Associate (CQIA)
It helps you advance your career, and boosts your organization’s bottom line through your mastery of quality skills. Becoming certified as a Quality Improvement Associate confirms your commitment to quality and the positive impact it will have on your organization
As a Certified Quality Improvement Associate (CQIA) you will have the first awareness of quality tools and their uses and be included in quality improvement projects, but will not necessarily come from a traditional quality area. Those new to quality, process leader practitioners, and those who support the practice of business excellence would benefit from formal recognition of proficiency on the fundamentals of quality and process improvement.
– What Are the Gist Competencies of a CQIA?
- Explain the key events in the development of quality.
- Identify and describe the essential elements of total quality management (TQM) and understand how organizations approach TQM deployment.
- Distinguish between the TQM opinions of six quality experts and two quality approaches Six Sigma and the Baldrige program.
- Understand the role of process management in TQM and the interrelationship of processes and systems.
- Recognize how necessary quality tools can be used to help improve processes.
- Define different quality concepts related to quality evolution, TQM, process management, and the necessary quality tools.
- Learn the importance of the customer-supplier relationship and team roles and responsibilities.
– Add Value to Your Organization
Employees with a foundational knowledge of quality tools and their use will be better prepared to lead and participate in improvement initiatives.
- Cost Reduction:
When always applied over time, quality can reduce costs throughout an organization, especially in the areas of scrap, rework, field service, and warranty cost.
- Grow Team-Based Output:
Over time, increased emphasis on team roles and types can drive raised quality and efficiency in team projects.
- Better Supplier-Customer Relations:
Understanding and implementing tools for gaining customer feedback can improve the quality of the product/ service and help develop a long-term customer-supplier relationship.
– What Is the Important to You?
- Improved skill set qualifies you for more positions within modern business environments.
- Becoming certified as a CQIA may be viewed as the first step toward qualifying for other ASQ certifications.
- Excellent foundational understanding of quality concepts for recent college graduates or people switching industries or joining the quality workforce for the first time.
– Qualifications and Requirements for CQIA Certification:
- A CQIA Candidates need have two years of work experience, an associate’s degree, or two years of equivalent higher education.
- No, the CQIA is a lifetime certification.
– CQIA Learning Resources and Certification Preparation
- Quality 101 (online learning)
- The Certified Quality Improvement Associate Handbook, Third Edition
– Common Job Functions:
- Improvement Specialist
- Inspector Manager
- Project Manager
- Information Technology
Who this course is for:
- Group/ Corporate Quality Manager
- QA/QC Manager/ Engineer/ Supervisor
- Quality Auditors/ ISO Auditors
- Quality Professionals who leads, manages or supports quality improvement programs.
- QM Professionals in need to add CQIA to his/her professional credentials.