The new CompTIA Linux+ is for the IT pro who will use Linux to manage everything from cars and smartphones to servers and supercomputers, as a vast number of enterprises use Linux in cloud, cybersecurity, mobile and web administration applications.
In the new CompTIA Linux+, candidates are only required to pass one exam for certification. However, the new certification is no longer eligible for the LPI 2-for-1 offer.
CompTIA Linux+ is the only job-focused Linux certification covering the latest foundational skills demanded by hiring managers.
Unlike other certifications, the new exam includes performance-based and multiple-choice questions to identify the employees who can do the job.
The exam covers tasks associated with all major distributions of Linux, setting the foundation for advanced vendor/distro-specific knowledge.
CompTIA Linux+ covers common tasks in major distributions of Linux, including the Linux command line, basic maintenance, installing and configuring workstations, and networking.
If you took the recent CompTIA Linux+ beta exam, thank you for your support! Please remember that beta exam results will not be available until the launch of the live exam in June 2022.
Older man focusing on laptop computer.
What Skills Will You Learn?
Hardware & System Configuration
Configure kernel modules, network parameters, storage, cloud and virtualization technologies
WINDOWS OPERATING SYSTEMS
System Operation & Maintenance
Manage software and services, and explain server roles, job scheduling, and the use and operation of Linux devices
Understand best practices for permissions and authentication, firewalls, and file management.
Linux Troubleshooting & Diagnostics
Analyze system properties and processes and troubleshoot user, application and hardware issues
HARDWARE & NETWORK TROUBLESHOOTING
Automation & Scripting
Execute basic BASH scripts, version control using Git, and orchestration processes
Companies that trust CompTIA Linux+
Jobs that use CompTIA Linux+
Technical Support Specialist
FEATURES & BENEFITS
– 3 FULL practice tests, 90 questions each
– More practice for studying
– 90-question, 90-minute exam, domains weighted like the exam
– Practice like the real Linux+ exam
– Answers linked to the domain
– Targeted studying, don’t waste time studying for topics you already know
– Explanation of answers
– Better understanding of the content
– Exam questions written by a panel of experienced test writers*
– Know you’re getting relevant, well-written exam questions that mimic the real exam
– Lifetime access
– Udemy’s courses all have lifetime access, so use this practice test to brush up on your Linux+ skills.
The Linux+ covers 5 domains:
– Hardware and System Configuration (21%)
– Systems Operation and Maintenance (26%)
– Security (19%)
– Linux Troubleshooting and Diagnostics (20%)
– Automation and Scripting (14%)
IS THE LINUX+ EXAM RIGHT FOR YOU?
According to startacybercareer,com:
The CompTIA Linux+ is a worthwhile certification for new and junior-level Linux administrators. The Linux+ is worth a serious look, especially if you are new to Linux or within your first few years of Linux administration.
There are several positions in the IT and cybersecurity fields that would benefit from the Linux+ certification, most notably those that are responsible for Linux systems administration and cybersecurity professionals that use tools that are Linux based. These positions include:
– Systems Administrators
– Network Administrators
– Penetration Testers
– Cybersecurity Consultants
*Practice test questions are drawn from the CompTIA Linux+® Certification All-in-One Exam Guide (Exam XK0-004).
Who this course is for:
- Students who want to get CompTIA Linux+