Basic Computer and Linux Operating System skills
Laptop with 64 bit Operating System, at least 4 GB RAM
We are glad to announce DevOps Series where we will be publishing several courses over period of time.
This is the first course in the series where we will be covering setting up environment using Virtual Machines by leveraging Vagrant.
Why OVH and Baremetal Server?
- In most of the enterprises, working professionals might have access to a physical server or powerful virtual machine with hyper virtualization enabled
- To get to that state, I have rented server from OVH and setup Centos. It also helps professionals who got funding from their employer to learn newer technologies. They can rent the server, setup OS and then go with rest of the steps.
- If you start this course with a server with root access in hand, you can skip some of the topics and directly jump on to setting up Vagrant.
Why Virtual Machines?
- Most of the DevOps tools require multiple servers for hands on practice.
- Using Virtual Machines is highly productive way of learning most of the DevOps tools.
- Once you have virtual machines, you can learn many technologies with hands on experience.
- Server automation tools like – ansible, puppet, chef etc
- Container technologies like Docker
- Orchestrating containers using Kubernetes
- Setting up environment using Openstack
- Creating CI/CD pipelines
- Building Hadoop Clusters etc
- One of the challenge of using Virtual Machines is that, setting up Virtual Machines and networking them will take time.
- Vagrant provide capability to add multiple virtual machines as a group.
- It uses ruby script and we can program quickly and effectively to set up Virtual Machines the way we want.
- Once we learn how to customize Vagrantfile after understanding ruby scripting, we should be able to set up multiple virtual machines in few minutes.
Who this course is for:
- Any System Administrators who want to learn DevOps skills
- Any Operations Support Engineers who want to learn System Engineering or DevOps Skills
- Any one who want to learn Vagrant to create Virtual Machines