Math up to pre-calculus, particularly some experience with algebra and knowledge of functions.
So you’ve made it through Pre-Calculus and are ready for the good stuff! This FREE short course supports your first steps into Calculus through core differentiation techniques. Calculus is the Mathematics of change and used to model and understand many phenomena in the real world – from science and engineering to finance, economics and medicine – it’s difficult to find a field which doesn’t employ Calculus in some way. Although I don’t have space here to teach you everything about Calculus (it’s a huge field!), I hope that by mastering these fundamental skills I’ll make it a little easier for you and perhaps inspire you to go further into this fascinating and important area of Mathematics.
This Course is For You
I created this free course to help you start learning differentiation through clear instructional videos and relevant practice questions.
There are many reasons why you might want to take this course:
- As an introduction to Differentiation
- As prep for taking a Calculus 1 course
- To review key Differentiation techniques
- To access relevant practice questions
- To have quick access to Differentiation notes
Whatever your reason this course will help you build key differentiation skills quickly and get you ready for the next step on your Calculus journey.
What You’ll Take Away From This Course
Differentiation is a huge topic with many applications but it can be broken down into a small number of core techniques which, once mastered, can be applied to answer many question types and form the foundation of any future Calculus study. Each instructional video teaches one core technique and mixes a small of amount of theory with example problems. You will then practice what you’ve learnt in the end of section review exercise. I’ve also included step-by-step solutions so you can check your work as you go. Take this course and you will learn:
- Key differentiation techniques – the Power, Product and Quotient rules
- The Chain Rule which allows you to differentiate a wide range of functions
- The classic Calculus problem – finding the equation of a tangent line to a curve
- An overview of how Differentiation is applied to solve other problem types
Complete this course and you’ll be making a great start on your Calculus journey!
Who this course is for:
- Students who need to learn the key differentiation techniques
- Students who need to learn to differentiate quickly
- Students reviewing key differentiation techniques for a test or assignment
- Students looking for relevant practice questions with full step-by-step solutions