Disrupt Unconscious Bias and Improve Your Workplace Culture
Be ready to consider different perspectives and viewpoints
Be prepared for note-taking and reflective exercises
Come forward with an open mind to explore challenging scenarios
Unconscious bias is a widespread phenomenon impacting all organizations in every industry. This issue is top of mind for every workplace committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI). If you are a manager you are probably looking for ways to address bias immediately and effectively. If you are an employee at a company, you’re likely wanting to learn more about how to navigate bias or prevent it in your own work. Any student who takes this course will be exposed to the latest concepts of unconscious bias and how to apply it effectively to your own environment, which in turn will impact greater societal change.
As a DEI practitioner, author, and consultant with over 20 years of experience, I share ideas and best practices from my client work with a wide range of organizations. These tools and strategies are effective in addressing bias in a practical and straightforward way. You will see shifts in how you perceive situations and interact with others, as well as a new look at how to reduce bias in workplace processes. In this course you will see how our decisions, behaviors, and communication with others create greater impact.
In this course, you will:
- Develop awareness of how unconscious bias is formed
- Identify the types and forms of bias
- Explore strategies to mitigate and interrupt bias
- Gain knowledge about models for responding to instances of bias
- Plan for how to recover from situations where bias may occur
In this course you will work on the following activities to help you reflect on unconscious bias in the workplace and develop strategies for detecting and overcoming it:
- Scenario observation & analysis
- Reflection exercises
- Glossary of types of bias
- Bias detection practice
- Bias recovery checklist
- Partner accountability worksheet
- Action planning
- Review of additional resources for further learning
Taking this course, “Disrupt Unconscious Bias and Improve Your Workplace Culture”, is an important step in the journey of creating awareness of bias in our perceptions and interactions with others, as well as within organizational processes. By reducing bias, we can positively impact the workplace – and ultimately transform society overall.
Let’s get started!
Who this course is for:
- Any individual or employee seeking an overview of unconscious bias and practical activities to readily apply their learning to the workplace.
- Entry to mid-level managers focused on leading effectively, increasing awareness of how bias operates within organizations, and how to mitigate it.
- HR leaders looking to support fellow employees with skills, strategies, and tools that can be put into practice immediately.