There are no special requirements or prerequisites. Anyone can learn from this course.
This course is best combined with its companion course “Corporate Climate Reporting: Key Standards and Guidelines”
“Every Company’s Guide to Climate Action & Achieving Net Zero” is a short course that explores the role of the private sector in decarbonisation of the economy and transition to net zero. Specifically we will look at the Corporate and Financial Services sectors with the main focus on climate actions from perspective of any company, big or small.
This course is designed to:
- raise awareness about the importance of climate actions by individual companies;
- explain what achieving “net zero” means;
- suggest actionable steps that would help companies to reduce their carbon footprint and reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions;
- explain concepts such as internal carbon pricing, circular economy and carbon offsets;
- raise awareness about the importance of the Financial Services Industry in the energy transition and challenges facing financial institutions in decarbonisation of their portfolios.
You don’t need any prior knowledge of this subject, just an interest in business management, strategic thinking and desire to learn about solutions to the formidable problem of climate change. However this course is best with its companion course “Corporate Climate Reporting: Key Standards and Guidelines“.
If you are interested in the industry-specific decarbonisation efforts and challenges, you will enjoy our courses on Decarbonisation and Energy Transition (by sector).
At the end of the course, we will test your knowledge with the multiple-question quiz and provide you with the Handout Slides with the summary of main points from the course.
I hope you will enjoy this course and I am looking forward to your feedback and reviews.
***Always check my website (Shortlisted Productions) and social media (LinkedIn) for the latest discounts on the courses***
NB This training course is an extract from the longer course “Climate Change for Professionals” which is also available for purchase on Udemy.
After we received feedback from the students asking to split that course into shorter and more manageable courses, we are happy to offer you a choice: you can either get the full course, or pick a shorter course with the topic that is more relevant to your learning objectives.
Please check out my other courses under Instructor Profile – just click my name on the landing page of the course.
#decarbonization #energytransition #netzero #GHGemissions #climateaction #climateawareness
Who this course is for:
- Leaders and managers who want to take action to reduce carbon footprint of their businesses
- ESG professionals who are looking at the GHG reduction strategies
- Procurement professionals who are interested to reduce Scope 3 emissions in the supply chain of their companies
- Management consultants who are considering transition to climate change advisory
- Anyone who wants to get broader understanding of climate change soutions
- Climate activists and general public who want to understand the role of corporates and financial institutions in addressing climate change