- The bootcamp is for begineers and non-programmers
SQL 101 Bootcamp is build up based on the SQL classes for Analytics taken in NYC, New York by Shivgan Joshi. Having taught at various bootcamps in NYC and gathering feedback from students this course addresses all the major topics you need to get started for Analytics in SQL if you have never programmed.
This course will help you answer and critically think and implement:
- Create a DB design for your day to day work data that you use in Excel
- Understand what you can do and what you cannot do. Or rather how hard or simple it is to do some analytical steps in SQL.
- Understand Data Wrangling using Group, Joins and UNION to get data in the format you need
- For any data that comes to you new tools get new insights
- Get Excel equivalent functions for SQL commands
- Understand the data wrangling terms often used in Data Analytics that remain common to all languages (Python / R / SQL)
Other areas that will be introduced to are:
- Understand why SQL is needed as a solution to limitation of excel
- Connect to the SQL Server database and execute a simple query.
- Include a search condition in a simple query.
- Use various functions to perform calculations on data.
- Organize data obtained from a query before it is displayed on-screen.
- Use New York City data for running on SQL
Who this course is for:
- The courses teaches MYSQL using online platforms and explains querying and creating tables. Introduces with querying logic and explains group by and joins in SQL. The class is completely hands on and assumes no prior knowledge.