- Basic Algebra Experience would be an advantage.
This course is designed to develop an understanding of topics which are fundamental to the study of Calculus. Emphasis is placed on the fundamentals of trigonometry and building an understanding of key concepts and techniques so you can progress to more challenging topics.
Yu will be provided with a student workbook which supplements the video lessons. You will have access to regular check of understanding with worked solutions.
You will start with the must know fundamentals by studying:
· Pythagoras Theorem
· Trigonometry Introduction
· Sine rule
· Worded problems using the sine rule
· The cosine rule – Calculating side length and angles
· Measuring angles
· Measuring angles in radians and Converting radians to degrees.
· Two special triangles
You will then build upon this base knowledge by studying:
· The unit circle
· Sine, cosine and tangent of angles in any quadrant with extra examples
· Graphs of sine and cosine trig functions
· Phase shift
· Changing amplitude and period of sine and cosine functions
· Vertical shift and putting it all the transformations together
How to get the most out of this course
This course is broken up into small individual sections designed to help you learn exactly what you need to know. The expertly crafted learning videos are designed to maximize your time. View the tutorial video and follow along. Pause and take notes as needed. After each of the tutorial videos you will find a ‘check of understanding’ which consists of 5 questions that relate to the material covered in the video/s. Complete the questions and check your Answers with the worked solutions so you can see how you are progressing.
Kerry and Matt
Who this course is for:
- Trigonometry is a vital part of modern engineering, design, architecture and other fields.
- This course is for anyone who wants to take further study in the fields of calculus, engineering, design etc
- Anyone who needs a refresh of the core ideas and concepts of Trigonometry.