How to Conduct a Meta-analysis: A Practical Guide
Basic knowledge of statistics
Familiarity with research methodology
Knowledge of statistical software
Good analytical skills
Motivation and commitment
Meta-analysis is a powerful statistical technique that allows researchers to synthesize and integrate findings from multiple studies on a particular topic, providing a more comprehensive and accurate understanding of the research area. Whether you’re a graduate student, academic researcher, or industry professional, this course will provide you with a thorough understanding of the principles and practical skills needed to conduct and interpret meta-analyses.
This course, “How to Conduct a Meta-analysis: A Practical Guide,” is designed to provide a thorough understanding of the principles and practical skills necessary for conducting and interpreting meta-analyses.
Through a combination of video lectures, practical exercises, and real-world examples, this course will cover everything you need to know about meta-analysis, including:
- Understanding the fundamentals of meta-analysis, including its purpose, benefits, and limitations
- Conducting a systematic literature review and identifying relevant studies for inclusion
- Extracting data from primary studies and calculating effect sizes
- Performing meta-analyses using both fixed-effect and random-effects models
- Assessing heterogeneity and conducting moderator analyses to explore sources of variation
- Reporting meta-analytic results and interpreting their practical and theoretical implications
- Incorporating open science practices and utilizing online resources for data sharing and collaboration
Whether you’re looking to conduct your own meta-analysis or interpret and evaluate existing ones, this course will equip you with the knowledge and skills needed to confidently navigate the world of meta-analysis and contribute to advancing your field of study. Upon completion of the course, students will be equipped with the knowledge and skills needed to confidently navigate the world of meta-analysis, contribute to advancing their field of study, and make informed decisions based on the results of meta-analyses.
Who this course is for:
- Graduate students
- Industry professionals