Resilience, hard work and willingness to take action to improve your life
“This course was very effective, I understood everything that was being taught” – Tshepiso
“I do not have much experience hence why I am taking this course to improve my career and get the correct start.” – Promise
“very informative especially for someone who is new in the workplace” – Katlo
In this course, you will learn how to position yourself for formal employment and how to grow your career. The course includes handy worksheets for each lesson as well as demonstrations of the Novoresume CV tool and LinkedIn. Whether you are newly qualified, unemployed, moving jobs or returning to work after a break, this course will teach you the techniques you will need.
I’ll also explain to you how I had to deal with the equivalent of $55,000 of student debt in today’s money and how I got a big break through sheer resilience. You can have the same breakthrough in your working life, get into the company you want and have the career start that gives you the greatest advantage. I’ve seen thousands of CVs in my career and I’ve interviewed hundreds of people.
There are definitely some things you can do that will help you to stand out. The global coronavirus pandemic of 2020 has affected many economies around the world and it has become even tougher to get formal employment; you will need to ensure you have every skill you need to give you the greatest advantage.
The topics that you will learn about in this course include;
- Time management, writing a CV, interview techniques
- The importance of taking action to establish credibility as a hard worker
- How value is created in the workplace and your role in delivering value
- Managing your internet footprint and what boundaries to put in place
- The Novoresume CV tool and how Peter has used it to create a short, high impact CV
- Getting organised to maximise the power of 10 minutes
- Cover letters and how they establish context for your job application
- Do’s and Don’ts of online interviews and how to prepare for an interview
- The importance of self-confidence and what you can do to improve yours
- The use of LinkedIn including a walkthrough of Peter’s LinkedIn profile
- The modern workplace and how you can adapt to any environment
- Finding a mentor and getting the support you need
- Career progression and building a professional brand
- How to work as a team player first, then to stand out as an individual
- Goal setting and getting things done with a powerful action list technique
- How to manage conflict and improve your workplace interaction
- The importance of transparent and credible communication
- How to build a professional network that supports your career growth
- How networks function and how to assess the value of a possible connection
This course will help you improve your skills in the workplace as well as the job market. Take responsibility for your career today and improve your prospects by working through these lessons, downloading the handy worksheets and applying what you have learnt to build your profile and maximise your future success.
Who this course is for:
- Early stage professionals looking to get ahead and establish themselves
- Qualified students in the job market looking to transition into formal employment
- Experienced professionals looking for a refresher on career management
- Anyone looking to accelerate their career in their current company or by changing jobs