There are no course requirements or prerequisites. This course in a foundation course.
Have you ever wondered how xrays are generated and used clinically in healthcare? Are you curious about radiation protection and safety around xray devices? Would you like to see what an xray tube looks like? If so, this course is for you.
You will learn:
- Discovery of xrays
- Historical look at early medical xray devices
- Difference between ionizing and non ionizing radiation
- Importance of radiation protection
- Major components of an xray tube
This course includes:
- Video lectures walking you through the various aspects of xrays
- Quiz to test your retention
Whether you are new to the healthcare profession or looking to advance your career in healthcare or are an established healthcare professional eager to learn more about the potential of medical imaging, this course is perfect for you. The course is targeted for those unfamiliar with technical jargon but still wanting to learn about this technology and its application to healthcare organizations.
My approach to teaching is a very pragmatic one explaining difficult concepts in an “easy to understand” format. This and my other courses are founded on my 35 years experience in the healthcare industry growing my career from development engineer through president. It is also based on my 15 years teaching business and healthcare at the graduate level at 2 Universities.
This course on Xrays is the 1st in a series of courses on Medical Imaging. Other courses include Radiography, Image Processing, Fluoroscopy, Cardiovascular, CT, MR, Ultrasound and Nuclear Medicine.
Who this course is for:
- Those currently in a healthcare position, wanting to learn more about Medical Xray Systems and the role they play in healthcare.
- Those considering a career change and wanting to learn more about Medical Xray systems.
- Those entering the healthcare industry and considering a career in healthcare.
- The eternally curious