Basic knowledge of multiplication facts
Knowledge of math up to 4th grade
*** updated March, 2019
4th Grade Math can be really challenging for students. 4th grade math can also be frustrating for parents. Sure, most parents can get the right answers to 4th grade multiplication questions, but most parents don’t know how to teach it the way schools are teaching multiplication today. If you are a parent or teacher who has a student struggling with 4th grade multiplication, this course was made for you!
I have been working with math students for 10 years. The biggest challenge my 4th grade students have, year after year, is multiplication. So I decided to make a course completely dedicated to 4th grade multiplication.
What will students learn in this course?
- Students learn how to multiply numbers using 4 different methods.
- Students will master partial products, partial products models, standard algorithms, and lattice techniques.
- At the end of this course students will understand how to multiply any two numbers in 4th grade math.
Who should take this course?
- This course covers 4th grade math, so any 4th grade student will benefit from this multiplication course.
- Advanced 3rd grade students could also benefit by learning the 4th grade multiplication techniques.
- Students in grades 5 to 8, who are struggling with multiplication, may also benefit from this course. Sometimes, students simply need to see things explained another way before they can understand the material.
What is in this course?
- This course contains videos, quizzes, and tests that are designed to teach students how to master 4th grade multiplication.
- Each topic in this course has two videos. The first video always follows the pattern “I DO”, WE DO”, and “YOU DO”.
- In the “I DO” section I will model each type of multiplication problem. All you need to do is watch.
- In the “WE DO” section I do the multiplication problem with the student. Please do the problem with me. If I ask a question, go ahead and shout out the answer. It will be more fun and you will learn a lot more.
- In the “YOU DO” section the student tries a multiplication problem on their own. Don’t worry if you can’t get the right answer. I will still show you how to find the solution.
- The second video for each topic contains a set of practice problems. Go ahead, pause the video and answer all three questions on your own. When you are finished, play the video to see the correct answers. If you got them all right, you can skip to the next video. If you got something wrong, keep watching to see me solve each question.
- At the end of each section, there is a quiz.
- At the end of the course, there is a final exam.
When your student finishes this course they should be able to multiply any two numbers a teacher gives them in the 4th grade. Let’s get started.
Who this course is for:
- Advanced 3rd grade math students
- 4th grade math students
- 5th grade math students needing extra help with multiplication