- Knowing jQuery is a plus, but certainly not required!
- Have Node and NPM installed (instructions included in the first section of this course)
- You should know how to build a basic CRUD app with Node’s Express (or some other MVC) framework (if you don’t, that’s fine too, the Express app is already built for you)
- What you will learn in this course may also be applied to frameworks like Django and Rails or any client-side project that has full access to a REST API
Hi and welcome to the course!
Well look no further! Join me in this quick, easy-to-follow, step-by-step course and get started learning the ins-and-outs of AJAX with jQuery, today!
What will we be building?
We’re going to take a simple CRUD application, made with Node’s Express framework, and refactor it into a single page application using jQuery & AJAX (I’ve already created the Express app for you, so you can jump right into learning AJAX).
You can then use this knowledge to integrate AJAX into any of your current or future web projects.
If you don’t know Express or jQuery then you can still follow along, but I would highly recommend learning those technologies beforehand to get the most out of this course. You can learn Express and jQuery (along with a myriad of other modern web technologies) from Colt Steele in his “The Web Developer Bootcamp” course on Udemy.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for anyone who is interested in building really cool websites!
- Anyone who wants to learn to build seamless single page applications (SPA) with AJAX
- Also recommended for anyone who has completed Colt Steele’s “The Web Developer Bootcamp” (or any similar course)