Linux Command Line Basics
Bash Scripting comes up in almost every single DevOps Interview questions … Be Prepared!
This course also include my 3 bestseller books (in eBook version):
- Learn Bash Quickly
- Learn Linux Quickly
- Learn Ansible Quickly (RHCE)
Master Bash Scripting and learn how to automate boring administrative Linux tasks.
- Create and run efficient Bash scripts
- Implement Bash functions
- Automate complex and repetitive tasks
Learn Bash Quickly is a fully practical hands-on course for learning bash scripting. It will get you up and running with bash scripting in no time.
First, you will break the ice with Bash scripting by creating and running a very simple “Hello World” program. Then, you will dive into the world of Bash variables, arguments, string, and arrays. Also, you will learn how to use conditional statements in your bash script. Moreover, you will explore various Bash looping constructs and get to realize how powerful they are. In addition, you will get to write Bash functions, so your code looks clean and unrepetitive. Finally, you will see how you can use bash to automate some of the tedious tasks on Linux.
By the end of this course, you will have all the skills necessarily to develop state of the art bash scripts that can automate any repetitive task you may encounter while working on Linux systems.
What you will learn
- Understand how to work with Bash variables, arguments, string, and arrays.
- Make your Bash scripts smarter with conditional statements.
- Analyze various Bash looping constructs.
- Design and create recursive Bash functions.
- Automate boring administrative tasks.
Who This Course Is For
If you are tired of spending countless hours doing the same tedious task on Linux over and over again then this course is for you! Learn Bash Quickly will teach you all the skills you need to automate borings tasks in Linux. You will be much more efficient working on Linux after taking this course, more importantly, you will get more sleep, I promise you!
Learn Bash Quickly does assume prior Linux knowledge and that you have experience working on the Linux command line.
Table of Contents
- Hello World
- Bash Variables
- Bash Script Arguments
- Bash Arrays
- Basic Arithmetic Operations
- Bash Strings
- Decision Making in Bash
- Bash Loops
- Bash Functions
- Automation with Bash
- Solutions to Bash Exercises
Who this course is for:
- Linux System Administrators
- Linux Intermediate Users and Power Users
- DevOps Engineers
- Anyone who uses Linux at work or at home.