Learn Employment Standards Act : Human Resources
- No prior experience is needed, you can learn it.
This course will give you basic information on Employment Standards Act, 2000. It includes hours of work, leaves, minimum wage, overtime, vacation, and terminations with cause and without cause. This course is specifically created for those new to Canada or new to Human Resources (HR Students, HR Aspirants) who would like to learn Employment Standards Act.
In this course you will learn:
· You will be able to learn and understand the purpose of the Ontario Employment Standards Act, 2000 (ESA)
· You will Identify minimum benchmark that apply to wage, hours of work, holiday, overtime, vacation and leaves.
· You will be able to learn basics of Ontario ESA including different types of leaves (including sick, bereavement, declared emergency leave).
· Lastly, you will learn termination of employment and temporary layoffs and severance of employment / severance pay.
This course contains 4 sections and 11 lectures in total.
Lecture 1: Introduction to Employment Standards Act
Lecture 2: Wages
Lecture 3: Overtime
Lecture 4: Vacation and Public holidays
Lecture 5: Leaves – Pregnancy and Parental leaves
Lecture 6: Leaves – Sick leave and Bereavement leave:
Lecture 7: Leaves – Family related leaves
Lecture 8: Infectious disease emergency leave – COVID-19 Leave
Lecture 9: Termination – without cause
Lecture 10: Termination – with cause
Lecture 11 – Filing a complaint and its implications.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for Human Resources students or HR aspirants who would like to learn ESA.
- If you are new to Ontario, Canada, then this course is for you.