Learn the Fundamentals of Tabla! (Tabla Beginner Course)
- No experience required
- PRACTICE & PATIENCE
Welcome to my Fundamental Tabla Course!
If you’re here today, it means you’re a person who loves to learn and GROW! Your passion for music has brought you here today and I’d like to congratulate you on beginning your journey as a Tabla player.
This course, delivered as a 12-lesson video series, will go through a range of skills, techniques and knowledge to get you to a strong level to be able to take your Tabla playing to the next level!
In this course, you will learn:
- The History of Tabla
- The Language of Tabla (syllables, notations etc.)
- Finger Positioning (how to play each syllable on the Tabla)
- Finger Development (begin playing basic exercise to develop the hands)
- Teental (16 Beat Cycle Rhythm)
- 2 x Teental Kaidas (Classical Composition – Dehli Gharana)
- Bhajan Theka & Kherwa (Light-Classical Beats – commonly used in Bhajan & Indian Folk Music)
What typically would takes months & years to learn is now available to you anytime, anywhere and can get you up to a solid foundational level within a month!
You will be able to play Tabla on bhajan, kirtan and some qawali music after enrolling in this course. Towards, the end of the course, I provide rhythmic cycle bols for Bhajan Theka & Kherwa which is commonly used in Bhajan & Indian Classical & Light Classical Folk Music.
Let’s get started – I look forward to teaching you the Fundamentals of Tabla
Who this course is for:
- Absolute Beginners