Knowledge in General Chemistry
Knowledge in Physics
Knowledge in Electrochemistry
Good Knowledge in Standard Lithium-ion Batteries
Would you like to get a quick introduction to lithium-sulfur batteries?
Then you’ve come to the right place. In less than two hours, I will introduce you to the main concepts of a lithium-sulfur batteries: History, Operating principle, materials, electrochemistry, engineering considerations….
…and all the problems why this type of battery is not yet commercially available….
We will discuss the many solutions that exist to address the problems and how to make Li-S batteries work.
I have summarised for you the content of the following books:
– Lithium-Sulfur Batteries (Mark Wild)
– Metal-Air and Metal-Sulfur Batteries (Vladimir Neburchilov)
– Li-S Batteries: The Challenges, Chemistry, Materials and Future Perspectives (Rezan Demir-Cakan)
and you will find a lot of state-of-the-art papers to deepen your knowledge in the resource material.
This course is a classic university seminar…white slides, black text. There are no experiments or demonstrations.
This class starts already at a higher level (assuming you understand classical Li-ion Batteries and have a good knowlegde of chemistry). There will be no introduction in basic topics such “how does a battery work”, “what’s a discharge curve” or “what is an anode”. So please read the prerequistes to make sure this class is for you and watch the trailer.
Do not hesitate to drop me a question. If you have any suggestions for other class, please also let me know.
Who this course is for:
- People interested in Batteries and Energy Storage with good background knowledge
- Students studying Energy Science
- Scientists in field of Energy Storage
- Business Analysts or Innovation Managers who need to know more about future Battery Systems