New Freelancers: Discover Your HIGH Earning Niche in 2023
Access to social media networks strongly suggested by not required.
“Customers buy when they find that you are in their bull’s eye. When you have a niche – either by who you serve or by what you do – then you stand out as a specialist.” ~Paul Simister, Differentiate Your Business.
As a freelancer, the phrase “find your niche” is probably something you’ve heard many times before. We’re not here to find anything. Together, we’re going to build a profitable niche and learn exactly what that process actually looks like.
Your goal as a freelancer is simple: to provide a solution for another human’s wants, needs, desires, frustrations, and aspirations. A solution that the other human is happy, grateful, and willing to pay for.
This course will help you do 3 things:
- Identify a niche skill that you’re good at and that you like doing,
- Paint a clear picture of who your ideal target client is, and
- Identify ways to market your niche skill to your target audience and start making money.
This course requires a lot of hands-on work from you. You will brainstorm. You will fill out spreadsheets. You will research. But in the end, you’ll come away with at least 1 profitable niche that will help you make more money, faster.
The course includes:
- 2 different in-depth brainstorm activities, meaning we’re going to tackle finding a profitable niche from many different angles.
- Editable spreadsheets to help you plan your niche and target your ideal clients.
- An easy-to-replicate formula to craft your pitch
- Links to free marketing resources, including but not limited to hand-picked blogs, TwitterChats, and YouTube videos.
Who this course is for:
You! If you’re a freelancer or are thinking of starting as one, this course will help you find a niche that’s relevant to your industry. Because the activities are not directed towards any specific industry, it can be applied to a wide variety of freelancers. Whether you’re a freelance writer, copyeditor, virtual assistant, graphic designer, developer, or anything in between, this course will help you.
Finding a niche that makes money is a process. This course aims to help you make that process shorter, and find a niche that marries your passions and skills with services that clients are willing to pay for. By the end of this course, you’ll have a profitable niche in mind, you’ll have the tools to help you research profitable and in-demand niches, and you’ll know how to sell to your target market. If you’re ready to start the work, let’s start the course!
Not convinced yet? The benefits of niching-down include:
- Easier marketing: Selling your services can feel nearly impossible when you market to everybody on the planet. In fact, when you are not clear about the specific kind of person you serve, you might have a harder time landing clients. Niching allows you to attract people who absolutely need your service while repelling people who are not a good fit for your business.
- Better opportunities: This sounds backward to a lot of new freelancers, but choosing a niche opens more doors. That’s because you end up spending your time prospecting for clients who have a higher chance of wanting to work with you. (A client is more likely to hire you if they know you’re focused on their specific challenges.)
- More income: People pay more for specialists. I hear this over and over across the freelance world. It’s one of those things, though, that’s just generally true in life (you’ll notice you do it as a consumer yourself)…people are willing to pay more for more focused and customized products and services.
About the instructor:
I’m Erin, I started freelancing in 2012. I spent my first few years as a “generalist,” working for any client who was willing to pay my rates. While it helped me build my freelance business, I soon began to feel “burned out.” I was overworked and underpaid. Then I realized, if I wanted to charge more, I had to specialize in something in-demand.
I’ll share the step-by-step process that I used to identify my current niche services. I’m excited to meet you and see you in the course!
Who this course is for:
- Beginner to intermediate freelancer’s who are looking to find more profitable niche(s), work with better clients, and make more money.