Practical Statistics for Business and Data Science
- Nothing beyond basic arithmetic and a desire to learn.
This is a course for people who want to use statistics to make better decisions. In the course I cover all the foundational concepts needed to begin your journey in data science, business analytics, or any area in which you need to use data to understand the world. No prior knowledge of the subject is assumed, and you’ll need nothing more than basic arithmetic and a desire to learn to get everything from this course.
The course is hands on and practical, with a focus on showing you how to use the skills taught. Wherever possible, I show you how to implement the techniques in Microsoft Excel.
Key concepts taught in the course include:
· Descriptive Statistics – the nuts and bolts needed when analyzing and working with data, from averages to measures of spread and correlation, to more advanced measures such as skew.
· Cleaning Data – the world sometimes gives us messy data, and I’ll show you how to clean it up and make sense of it.
· Visualizing Data – I’ll show you all the standard ways to usefully visualize your data, and in each case show you how to use Excel to create beautiful visualizations.
· Probability – I’ll teach you all the fundamentals of probability, up to and including conditional probability and an intro to Bayesian statistics.
As always, if you ever have questions about the content I’m waiting in the Q&A to help you out, and try to answer all my students questions.
I really hope you enjoy this course!
Who this course is for:
- People who want to use statistics to make better decisions.