In this course I will set you on a path that can take you from absolute beginner to professional software developer. This is not something that you can do in an afternoon, but this intermediate course is a start. My name is Mike Witt and I’m developing this course as the second step in a program that is intended to provide all the information that you will need to become a programmer with skills in a particular area: Developing web applications built around a .Net server, SQL Server database, and an Angular based UI. This course is the second step, but if you stick with it you can turn your learning and hard work into a career.
If you’ve glanced at my bio, you will note that I’ve been developing software for over 35 years. When I started, I had no idea what programming was. You may only have a basic understanding, but programming (unlike rocket science) is more of a skill and a craft than a theoretical science (like rocket science)! Because of this and because of a shortage of workers, many companies are willing to hire someone even if they don’t meet their educational requirements. To be sure, most companies want a degree in computer science or at least some degree in a science or related field, but when it comes right down to it they want and need someone who can do the work.
This program will help you leap over the education gap by, not only understanding the technical nuts and bolts, but also by projecting your thinking and personality as someone who can do and understand software development. Here are some of the very important topics you will learn as part of this course:
– An in-depth look at variables and their capabilities as well as date and time types and arrays.
– Build more program logic elements into your applications with foreach loops and switch/case branches.
– Get a start on developing object-oriented programs with classes, methods, properties, and constructors.
– Find out how to build an application with a mult-tier architecture using object-oriented design techniques.
– Use object relationships, exception handling, logging, and data persistence to build first-class applications.
– Understand how data structures work to provide efficient and fast access to data.
– Finally, you will learn about various .Net libraries that can help with common programming tasks such as lists, dictionaries, and files.
I am truly excited to share my knowledge and my enthusiasm for developing software with you. Come on this journey and I will do my best to help you learn, enjoy, and finally become part of a community of developers who make this world go round!
This course comes with detailed explanations of each concept along with working examples for each programming assignment and a Verifiable Certificate of Completion.