Stand Your Ground: How To Be More Assertive in Life
No prior experience in necessary.
We have all been in a situation where we haven’t asserted ourselves when, perhaps, we should have. Moments when our boss asked too much of us. Or our significant other made decisions on our behalf without asking our opinions. Or our pizza delivery person brought us cold pizza. But rather than address these issues, perhaps we let them slide. Sometimes “letting things slide” is the wisest decision to make. However, there are certainly other times where we need to stand up for ourselves and speak up about what we want, expect, or think is right. This can be uncomfortable for many people because they do not know how to walk the line between expressing their feelings and being contentious. Some people fear confrontation. Others simply speak too aggressively. Regardless, there is a way to assert oneself without causing conflict or discord. We discuss how to do so in this class.
In this course, we will discuss the following:
· The difference between being assertive, passive, aggressive and passive-aggressive
· How positive affirmations can help change your mindset
· The role of body language
· How to use compromise and avoid escalation
· The Mary Poppins Method
· How to apply the Mary Poppins Method to express yourself more assertively
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested in becoming more assertive.