In this course, you will learn how to drive results and achieve benefits through two essential interpersonal skills: assertiveness and negotiation.
Assertiveness is a style of communication used by project leaders to deal with difficult situations. This style implies guiding stakeholders in the desired direction without being neither passive nor aggressive. Negotiation, on the other hand, is the art of finding a common ground, achieving a win-win, and avoiding giving in too much.
The goal of this course is to equip you with the knowledge and skills you need to apply these two communication skills in your day-to-day job as a project manager. The ultimate goal is to help you become the Project Leader you aspire to be.
Along this course, you will learn how to:
- Become an assertive person
- Say No when it’s needed
- Deliver bad news in an appropriate way
- Manage conflicts
- Negotiate with stakeholders
If being more assertive and a good negotiator is important to you, upskilling your competencies should be among your top priorities. The “The Assertiveness and Negotiation Guide for Project Managers” course tries to demonstrate:
- How to set boundaries without becoming inaccessible
- How to reach win-win situations
- How to become more genuine in relationships without fearing attacks
- How to defend yourself against unreasonable requests
In this course, you will learn through examples and scenarios to help you grasp and apply the techniques with your project stakeholders.
Who this course is for:
- Functional and line managers from all industry sectors
- Project Managers
- Programme Managers
- Portfolio managers
- Business analysts
- Professionals dealing with stakeholders regularly