VFX Shot Creation from Scratch with Maya and After Effects
Passion and Good Follow-Through
Basic Understanding of the Autodesk Maya interface
Basic Understanding of the Adobe After Effects interface
Basic Understanding of the Adobe Photoshop interface
Learn how to create a visual effects shot from scratch by being a part of an unfolding, untold story.
The First “Filmtorial®” of Its Kind in MOOC Industry & Possibly, the World.
Using 3 different graphics software to solve footage shot from a mere mobile phone, learn by actually watching a short film story unfold whilst helping the story’s main character create the final visual effects shot through the course’s step-by-step guide to 3D modelling, texturing, animation, 2D tracking and compositing.
Why This Course?
- Taught by a real professional in the visual effects and film industry who worked on actual Hollywood blockbusters
- Actually be able to create your own visual effects shots from scratch, using your own mobile phone to capture usable footage
- Learn only what is necessary to be able to see a shot from pre-production to final rendering of visual effects
- Major and innovative leading course of a series of other more advanced visual effects tricks, tips and methods
- Participate in a new e-learning movement and style of learning by watching and being a part of the short film as student characters
It’s like 3 courses and a movie ticket, for the price of 1 course.
You will Learn How:
- To use Autodesk Maya, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe After Effects effectively, based on the case shot provided
- To plan to shoot your own custom visual effects shots
- To solve problems with real world film shots and post-production scenarios
Whether you’re a filmmaker, movie-goer or just an avid e-learner, be one of the first few students to experience a new style and movement of learning how to create your own visual effects shot from absolutely nothing.
Even if you don’t want to become a visual effects artist, at least you will enjoy the film and experience.
© 2016 Vicki Lau
Who this course is for:
- Film students and graduates interested in visual effects post-production
- Professionals from other industries looking to learn visual effects post-production
- Aspiring or new filmmakers
- Movie-goers or short film lovers
- Students of the instructor’s other VFX courses
- General students looking to learn something new in an interesting way